Opportunity Resource Fund is growing and seeks a dynamic, friendly, and professional full time Small Business Lender to join our team. This individual, based in Metro Detroit, will solicit, underwrite and close loans, and provide assistance to applicants and potential applicants.
· Solicit, assist in analysis of, underwrite, and close loans on the east side of Michigan.
· Provide staff support to the Loan Committee, including the preparation and presentation of recommendations for loans.
· Participate in training, technical assistance, organizational capacity building efforts, and financial structuring to borrowers or lenders, as resources permit. The technical assistance may include program design and financial packaging to other nonprofit organizations through contracted service arrangements.
· Represent the organization by serving on outside task forces, committees, and boards.
· 5-10 years of work experience in financial structuring and a thorough understanding of commercial underwriting criteria necessary to produce fiscally sound loans.
· Ability to work with small business owners, commercial real estate developers, and nonprofit organizations.
· Able to utilize various software programs.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, with a concentration in finance, business or accounting, or a degree in urban and regional planning, public administration or other related field.
· Travel required; must provide your own transportation with reimbursement.
To apply: OppFund is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. Please send resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 330 Marshall St.|Suite 105| Lansing, MI 48912.