If you're interested in learning more about OppFund and our career opportunities, contact us today!
Fund Development Specialist
Ready to make a real difference in Michigan’s communities by helping the dreams of entrepreneurs and future homeowners become a reality? Want to work with an awesome team, with great benefits including work/life balance, hybrid work environment, and compensation you can actually live with? We might be the perfect place for you!
Opportunity Resource Fund seeks a very detail-oriented and organized team member dedicated to economic justice. Must be able to work across departments with excellent written and verbal communication skills and be highly proficient in multiple software programs. The newly created position of Fund Development Specialist will be best filled by someone with familiarity with foundation, corporate, government philanthropy programs.
· Serve as lead with all aspects of OppFund’s grant funding, from beginning to end. This includes initial research, completion of applications for funding, through final reporting. Will require working with loan departments for implementation of deliverables and with finance/accounting for all necessary grant reporting.
· Maintain all electronic databases, including DonorPerfect, throughout all stages of the process.
· Participate in program design where appropriate.
· Team oriented.
· 5 years of work experience in fund development and/or grant reporting.
· A thorough understanding of OppFund’s processes (achieved in the first six months of employment).
· Ability to work with all of OppFund’s team members, individuals, small business owners, commercial real estate developers, and nonprofit organizations.
· Commitment to OppFund’s values of elevating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
· Able to effectively utilize multiple software programs.
· Preference for Bachelor’s degree in business administration, with a concentration in customer service, or a degree in public administration or other related field.
· Salaried position with company-paid training, health insurance (including vision and dental), and 403(b) account.
· Work-Life balance with paid time off and generous paid holiday schedule.
· Hybrid work environment.
Apply: OppFund is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a team member who shares our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – diverse candidates are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED! Please send resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to Bwiener@oppfund.org.